- Editor, with Michael Ebner and Kate Ferris, The Politics of Everyday Life in Fascist Italy: Outside the State? New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2017.
- Excavating Modernity: The Roman Past in Fascist Italy. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 2012.
- “Settling Accounts: Retribution, Emotion and Memory during the Fall of Mussolini.” Journal of Modern Italian Studies 20.5 (2015), 617-639.
- “‘Voleva essere Cesare, morì Vespasiano’: The Afterlives of Mussolini’s Rome.” Civiltà Romana. Rivista pluridisciplinare di studi su Roma antica e le sue interpretazioni 1 (2015), 283-302.
- “The Excavatory Intervention: Archaeology and the Chronopolitics of Roman Antiquity in Fascist Italy.” Journal of Modern European History 13.1 (2015), 44-58.
- “The Eternal Parasite: Anti-Romanism in Italian Politics and Culture since 1870,” Annali d’Italianistica, Vol. 28 (2010), 117-136.
- "Roma Sparita: Local Identity, Memory and Modernity in Fascist Rome,” Città e Storia Vol. 3, no. 1-2 (2008), 189-200.
Chapters in edited volumes:
- “Combattere ‘l’altro’ dopoguerra: conflitto sociale nel Mezzogiorno, 1943-1944,” in Oltre il 1945. Violenza, conflitto sociale, ordine pubblico nell’Europa del dopoguerra, eds. Enrico Acciai, Guido Panvini, Camilla Poesio and Toni Rovatti (Viella, 2017), 33-48.
- “Introduction,” with Michael Ebner and Kate Ferris, in The Politics of Everyday Life in Fascist Italy: Outside the State?, 1-17
- “Memory,” in The Politics of Everyday Life in Fascist Italy: Outside the State?, 205-232.
- “Bathing in Eternal Rome: The Mostra Augustea della Romanità,” in Brill's Companion to the Classics, Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany, eds. Helen Roche and Kyriakos Demetriou (Brill, 2017), 157-177.
- “Il fascismo come ‘eredità’ nell’Italia contemporanea” in Andrea Mammone, Giuseppe Veltri and Nicola Tranfaglia, eds., Un paese normale? Saggi sull'Italia contemporanea. Milan: Baldini Castoldi Dalai (2011), 209-232.
- “Fascism as Heritage in Contemporary Italy” in Andrea Mammone and Giuseppe Veltri, eds., Italy Today: The Sick Man of Europe. New York: Routledge (2010), 114-127.
- “(Re)Presenting Roman History in Italy, 1911-1955” in Claire Norton, ed., Nationalism, Historiography and the (Re)Construction of the Past. Washington, DC: New Academia Press (2007), 27-41.
I have written book reviews for numerous publications, including:
- The American Historical Review
- The Journal of Modern History
- The Journal of Contemporary History
- The Journal of Modern Italian Studies
- Modern Italy
- Traditional Dwellings and Settlements Review
- International Journal of the Classical Tradition
- University of Toronto Quarterly
- History: Reviews of New Books